Having it tomorrow, already messed up

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Having it tomorrow, already messed up

Postby ssmarsh8 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 pm

I thought I would ask the vets about this.

Going in for custom PRK tomorrow. I doubt this is a crisis, but I've already flubbed. I was to begin the Vigamox antibacterial drops today. The prescription was one drop in each eye, four times a day. I was half-asleep this morning and put four drops in each eye, all at once rather than throughout the day. I've been tasting the drops in the back of my throat for about an hour (yuk) and feel a bit of dry-eye sensation, but hopefully this is not an issue...? Don't see any warnings regarding this on the Vigamox fine print, though it does say to take it one drop at a time.

Do you think this is any cause for concern, especially regarding the surgery tomorrow? I'm being super anal, of course, but it's my eyes! I'm worrying that I've dried out my eyes, throwing off optimal surgery eye condition and such!

Thanks--
ssmarsh8

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:28 pm

You need to contact your doctor now and explain what has occurred. Four drops once a day does not have the same effect as one drop four times a day. It may be appropriate to delay surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby ssmarsh8 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:32 pm

I called and the surgery coordinator informed me that my mistake is no big deal--more than one drop in the eye simply drains out (which I can attest to, as it ended up in my throat). She said to administer one drop per eye 3 more times today, as though I had just used one drop in the first dose.
ssmarsh8

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm

Very good. Be sure to mention it again to your doctor before your surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It