just had the wavefront custom lasik two weeks ago, have ?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

just had the wavefront custom lasik two weeks ago, have ?

Postby kev999 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:32 pm

the day after exam showed both of my eyes were 20/20, well since last friday(a week after the surgery) i found out my right eye is at 20/30 while the left is still 20/20. i called my doctor up he said it's the normal fluctuating after the lasik. now it's been another week pasted by and the right eye is still at 20/30(according to eye chart) and could be even worse than that imo because it's obvious feels much worse than my left eye, but however, with both eyes open i'm able to see 20/20. my vision does not fluctuate within the day. is this 20/30 the final vision for my right eye? thanks, and btw, what a great site you have it here, most of the link i googled under "lasik" are trying to scare people off.
Last edited by kev999 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:37 pm

Thank you for the kind words about our website and forum.

It is very normal to experience the kind of fluctuation you describe after Lasik. One eye fluctuating differently than the other is also normal. You have just had microsurgery on your eyes and they are probably a bit angry about that. Edema (swelling), temporary dry eye, and the healing process all can cause these kinds of fluctuations.

Report your concerns to your doctor, keep your appointments, be sure to be diligent about Lasik dry eye treatment, and expect that this will resolve in the coming weeks.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby kev999 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:43 pm

thanks for the reply. i just wonder how long my right eye will stay at 20/30? fluctuating means changing constantly right? but my right eye's vision hasn't changed for a week now and i'm afraid it'll be permanent like that. am i overworry?
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:50 pm

There is little need to worry now. There is always time to worry later. :)

Lasik is often more of a six month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. At about three months postop you will have a much better idea of what you can expect for your final outcome. It is waaaay too early to make judgements now.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby kev999 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:05 pm

LasikExpert wrote:There is little need to worry now. There is always time to worry later. :)

Lasik is often more of a six month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. At about three months postop you will have a much better idea of what you can expect for your final outcome. It is waaaay too early to make judgements now.

thanks, i'm kind of paranoid about this, so it is normal to have a not so perfect vision within the 1st couple months after the lasik, am i correct? most places say two weeks but it can be as long as couple month right?
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:21 pm

It is very common to have less than perfect vision for the first several months after Lasik. Different people heal at differently.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

My Results

Postby mike r » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:41 pm

I was good right from the start vision clarity and 20/20. Just the residuals a little ghosting here and a little starbursting there.

But I was only +1.25 -2.5 AND +1.25 -1.75 last number is axis who cares.

They only really needed to stomp out the astigmatism.

I had the allegretto with that astigmatism upgrade not the custom or maybe it sort of was. Dont know.

I read somewhere where you are 80 % right out of the treatment then only have the ability for a 20 % change later.

Good luck with the outcome. <mike r>
mike r

Re: My Results

Postby kev999 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:07 pm

mike r wrote:I read somewhere where you are 80 % right out of the treatment then only have the ability for a 20 % change later.

Good luck with the outcome. <mike>

thanks, i'll be perfectly fine with my vision right now as long as it won't get any worse. i'm been very paranoid about this since the vision regress on my right eye, 1st thing i do in the morning is standing in front of that eye chart :x
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:54 am

Ah yes, the "Lasik Salute" where you are covering one eye, checking vision, covering the other eye, checking vision.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

if ti makes you feel anybetter-

Postby mike r » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:47 am

If it makes you feel any better let me clarify...
I am left eye20/20 right eye20/150 but 20/20 at 3' or so and less the reader eye...

So you still have me beat...Ive got old man syndrome...

<mike r>
mike r

Re: if ti makes you feel anybetter-

Postby kev999 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:11 pm

mike r wrote:If it makes you feel any better let me clarify...
I am left eye20/20 right eye20/150 but 20/20 at 3' or so and less the reader eye...

So you still have me beat...Ive got old man syndrome...

<mike>

how long ago did you have the surgery? are you confident your vision will get better as time goes by?
kev999

MONOVISION

Postby mike r » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:49 pm

I chose monovision thats what they did 20/150. I couldnt focus good any more naturally prebiopyia or whatever. I chose to have a bad distant eye and good short range eye. It works fine or they said after testing it is 20/20 but calibrated for short distance. I wont get it changed back or Id need readers.

<mike r>
mike r

Postby Button1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:39 am

Ok, I have a question now. I always wondered how this could be. I test my eyes myself at work using the Snellen Chart. I am 20/20 in my left eye, 20/40 in my right, but can read the 20/15 line pretty well with both eyes open.
Button1

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:27 am

The brain is excellent at using the good and ignoring the bad. The two images combined will often provide better results.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

both eyes together theory a step further...

Postby mike r » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:50 am

Now isnt that a slap in the face I can never benefit from the dynamic duo theory...HHHMMM

OH well... Life goes on still satisfied...I wonder if we practiced the snelling chart everyday for 15 mins would we strenghten or weaken our vision...or just memorize the chart?

Which creates a newer quandry(word butcher)I noticed my synopsis error spelling to but anyway.

HERES THE LATEST CAN YOU VISUALIZE THE SMOKE RISING WITH THIS ONE?

Can we beneficially exercise our vision by picking various distant objects and try to focus in on them. Would this strengthen the brain circuitry to understand the latest bio changes caused by the laser surgery??? and could it improve an outcome???I have found myself working my vision like this. Or could it weaken the vision and just create eyestrain???

Bring it on Glenn!

Ha! this may not be covered in the books yet...

<mike r>
mike r

Next

Return to Just Had It