Clarification

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Clarification

Postby DavidSoine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:55 pm

Good evening - I am a 53 year - weighing the advantages/benefits and disadvantages/problems- My eyesight is not that bad - (20/300) and I wear readers. After reading all the postings - and particularly those along the same line - it seems to boil down to a choice of life style. Not always a simple question to answer- I wish it was as simple to decide as it was to write!

However, the Dr.'s recommendation is the use of the B & L Zyoptix (I have thinner corneas- and I have had two Dr. verify the thickness) and please correct me if I am wrong - this recommendation seems to be a good idea since it takes less tissue. In a person with thicker corneas, the broadband may be just as effective as the Zyoptix and less expensive. Is that true?

Thank you for your reply and service.
DavidSoine

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:06 pm

The difference in technology between the broadband (Nidek) and the Zyoptix is vast. Nidek is the only true broadband generally used today. You may want to Google "Sudden Presbyopia" before making a decision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It