dry eyes

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

dry eyes

Postby baseballfan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Has anybody used the pres. free drops for moderate to severe dry eyes?
baseballfan

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:26 am

Yes. For a short time after my PRK my eyes were moderately dry. I used preservative-free artificial tears during the day and lubricating gel at night.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby baseballfan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:24 am

It seams that if I use them too much my eyes feel like there is a film type substance on them. Then they get blurry.
baseballfan

Short time???

Postby mike r » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:04 pm

Well, finally discovered the Expert had laser treatment. A little more creedence to the knowledge. Previously was nt sure and saw no bio.

Anyway when you say a short time can you elaborate? Because I almost feel it unneccesary to continue with the eyedrops. Im down to 3or 4 times a day. And dont feel like it really is needed.

But only a little over 1 month post lasik.

Does it still have relevance or benefit toward repair of the flap or eye at this point?

I dont have any doctors orders on the matter.

<mike r>

I go in on jan 2 for followup again . At which time I always try to outlast there estimated time of appointment with a shotgun blast of questions and issues.
mike r

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:32 pm

The nerves that tell you your eyes are dry have been disrupted by surgery and you cannot rely on them indicating when more artificial tears are needed. A doctor's evaluation of tear quantity and quality is the best way to know when to quit or reduce application. When in doubt, lubricate. A moist eye is an environment that promotes healing.

Details on Lasik flap healing should answer your questions about the relative benefit of artificial tears even after a month.

I don't discuss my personal refractive surgery experience (monovision PRK) because it is rare that what I experienced is as relevant as a study of a balanced group. I tend to reference the studies.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It