LASEK Enhancement

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

LASEK Enhancement

Postby carmen123 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Hello Again!

Just as a review, I had LASEK performed last July. Previous vision -9.5. Currently, I'm seeing 20/20 from my right eye, and somewhere between 20/100 and 20/200 in my left.

For whatever reason, my left eye seems to have regressed - a lot! But the right one remainns good. Any ideas on what has caused this?

I have scheduled an enhancement for May. I figure this should be enough time for my eyes to regress as much as they should.

What is the chance of regression after an enhancement? Is it worth it for me to get one?

Right now I'm wearing glasses - which totally improve my vision, although the night problems still exist..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!
carmen123

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:18 am

It may be that your left eye was overcorrected and regressed back to plano (no refractive error). Regression after such a large correction would be expected.

Your enhancement surgery will be to correct a much smaller amount of refractive error and regression would be less likely.

If you are near or past age 40, you may find that being slightly myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) in one eye is advantageous. See monovision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Hello,

I had Lasik around 6 months ago. I was overcorrected in my left eye. My current vision in my left eye is +0.5 and in right eye is -0.5.
I am 38 years old. Will this cause any issues when the prespobia hits? or is it adavantageous to have hyperopic in one eye and myopic in another?

Thanks
Mike
Mike

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:35 pm

Hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision is not advantageous when in the presence of presbyopia. Fortunately you have a few years before presbyopia is likely to affect your vision and hopefully some of your hyperopia will regress. Small amounts of hyperopic regression is relatively common.

Hopefully your myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision will remain because that will help you with near vision after becoming presbyopic.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago