tear duct

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

tear duct

Postby bada5150 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:23 am

Hi I posted one topic below and I have few more questions. I would like to thank you for your quick answers first of all.

Here are my questions:
1. I am using preservitive free tears currently and is it ok to use more than 10 times a day? I am currently using very frequently. Maybe every 30 minutes. Is this ok?
2. Is it possible that one tear duct is bigger than the other? So that it would drain more tear drops and make one eye drier than the other?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you
bada5150

Re: tear duct

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:56 am

bada5150 wrote:1. I am using preservitive free tears currently and is it ok to use more than 10 times a day? I am currently using very frequently. Maybe every 30 minutes. Is this ok?

As a general rule you cannot use too many preservative-free artifical tears, but if you need them every 30 minutes the problem may not be tear quantity, but may be tear quality. If you read our article about Lasik and dry eyes you will see that there are different types of dry eye that require different types of treatment.

bada5150 wrote:2. Is it possible that one tear duct is bigger than the other? So that it would drain more tear drops and make one eye drier than the other?

Yes it is possible. It may also be the other way around. It may be that due to inflammation one duct is slightly smaller than normal.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you[/quote]
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It