Post 6 Months to 1 Year

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Post 6 Months to 1 Year

Postby DryEye » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm

Has anyone experienced visual improvements after 6 months up to 1 Year?
If so, what was it?
Thanks
DryEye

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:57 pm

We have heard from many people who had significant improvement in vision quality after six months, mostly attributed to resolution of dry eye problems.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby DryEye » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:08 pm

Do you or the organization keep track of how many people have experienced this based on your users throughout the years? Do you guys have statistical studies of most of the topics discussed on the board? I have read that you have testified before the FDA panels in the past. I am sure the industry would like such data from various points of reference such as this forumn.
In fact, you should lead the way on that. The surgeons should be doing this also. If they say they have performed 6,000 surgeries than they should have all that data along with each complication and length of time followup for resolution or no resolution. It would assist people greatly and clear the air so to speak for all.
Also, consider writing a book on the lasik industry and this website.
DryEye

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:47 pm

Our organization has taken the position that refractive surgery is a six-month process and what you have at the end of six months is the result of that process. This is an artificial and rather myopic view of surgery because improvement (and problems) certainly occur after six months, however Laisk is so often promoted as a "20-Minute Miracle" we felt it would be disengenous to report to potential Lasik patients the results at an extended timeline.

There are many studies that provide Lasik results after six months. A recent 10 Year Lasik Study was published and an 11 year study is in preliminary stages of publication.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago