thera tears capsules?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

thera tears capsules?

Postby chrissy2282 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:47 am

has anyone tried or know anything about the thera tears capsules? they are omega 3 supplements and supposedly help dry eye. I just wanted to know if they work..
chrissy2282

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:47 am

I have heard from some who believe they are very helpful for dry eye problems, but others report no appreciable change. It seems best to try them to see how the work for you. The supplements are considered good for the health of the eye, even if they do not directly affect tearing.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby DryEye » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 pm

I have been taking one (sometimes two) a day of an Omega 3 fish oil tab for the past 5 years. Recently, I bought some of the TheraTears ones, but haven't used them long enough to notice a difference. The TheraTears has more vitamin E and flaxseed oil in them vs the staright Omega 3 tabs. You should read the TheraTears website and email them - they answer people's emails and the founder of TheraTears looks like he knows what he is doing and has been doing it for quite sometime.
They are both worth trying and from all the reports I have read on Omega 3's they are good for various ailments. I definitely noticed not being as sore the next day after workouts. Not sure I have noticed any difference with the dry eyes, except that I think it just takes time for the eyes to heal to get back to normal. I personally have noticed that mine have gotten better the past couple of months, which considering we are in the dead of winter in the midwest and the heat is always on that is encouraging. I do believe how much "time" varies from person to person for whatever reason.
DryEye

Postby DryEye » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:01 pm

Also, the past couple of months or so I tried using Refresh Endura preservative free vials. They seem to work well for me during the workweek in that I use it once and don't have to use theratears until hours later. My vision seems to stay clear for that long, which is good considering I am on the computer with 3 screens all day long. I read that one of their ingredients is castor oil. I believe Restasis also has castor oil, so that is why i tried them. I never did Restasis and don't believe I will.
DryEye

Postby chrissy2282 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:19 am

i used restasis for 8 days. The exact number of samples that the doc. gave me. I stopped using them and have been using refresh endura also. Restasis hasn't been tested on pregnant women and I don't currently use birth control b/c i do want more children so that is my main reason for stopping the use. It burned my eyes, but i didn't use it long enough to see the effects.
chrissy2282

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:38 pm

To get an even distribution of the material, Restasis uses what is essentilly diluted soap in its drops. That can sting for a few moments after application, but it is necessary for best results.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago