Update on lasek from 8 days ago.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Update on lasek from 8 days ago.

Postby Virginia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:38 pm

I have a few questions after seening my doctor yesterday. When I first posted on Jan 26th I mentioned that I was having trouble wi,th my middle vision. About 2 to 3 feet out. Things on grocery shelf were hard to see unfocused . I still have this unfocused middle vision. I am seeing 20/20 on the chart at his office. My doctor said that because I see 20/20, that the surgery was a success. That middle vision that I talk about is more close up vision. He said close up would be from 0 to 20 ft. out from me. Basically he thinks this will be the best I can get from this lasek procedure. I should tell you that my surgeon and my regular eye doctor are not the same. I had to go out of town to have lasek and the 2 doctors work together with long disance patients. The doctor I saw yesterday is doing all my post op checks and reporting back to the surgeon. What do you think about what he said? He told me he could put me in readers and a middle vision pair of glasses but that defeats my purpose for surgery.

Also, since I just finished my steroid drops. It seems my eyes are dryer. I usually get up two times per night to put sustane in them. Is that the norm when you discontinue the steroids? Are those the best drops to use? Thanks again, Ginny
Virginia

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Presbyopia is a part of life after about age 40 and even monovision is only a workaround. It is possible, even likely, that there will be a range of vision that is simply not so good. It is still early and there may be some changes, but it is reasonable for someone presbyopic to have a limitation of some sort.

You may want to try a nighttime gel instead of artificial tears. The gel lasts much longer.

Stopping the meds can change the tear flow. At your next exam discuss with your doctor your dry eye situation and ask for further evaluation. Mention the change when you stopped the steroids.

Working with two doctors for your care is called co-management.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It