PM disabled, folks!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PM disabled, folks!

Postby ssmarsh8 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:17 pm

I now have 4 messages that I can't read, as private messaging has been disabled on this board. Wish I could read them--If you've sent me one, please just email me
Last edited by ssmarsh8 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssmarsh8

Postby rgonyer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:28 pm

I wonder how they are being sent in the first place. When I click the PM button at the bottom of your post, it says "PM's are disabled on this board".
rgonyer

Postby bbarnard » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 pm

I just joined today and I also got an email indicating that I had a PM but it was of course disabled. Weird.
bbarnard

Postby mike r » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Could be a conspiracy deterent... But dont hold me to it...

I dont mean to go out on a limb of martyrdom but I have been trying to push for less generic input...

This is still a forum not a reference library...

If need be I will sacrifice myself for the worthy cause of greater insight outside the box.
So if at some point fellow board members you dont hear from me again I will still be with you in spirit. Trying to carry the torch of objective insight.

<mike r>
mike r

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:21 pm

No conspiracy. It's spam.

Spammers register to forums, never post, but send spam through private messaging to other members of the forum. The spammers know the software we use and submit private messaging directly to the database, not through a normal process (which is disabled). That is why legitimate participants like you do not have PM available, but illegitimate spammers send them anyway.

Preventing spamming through our forum is a constant battle.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It