Does everyon get regression after lasik?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Does everyon get regression after lasik?

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Glenn, I was wondering if everyone gets regression post lasik? I was treated for myopia and astigmatism. I see 20/20 now but intermediate vision from 2 ft. to 12ft. is blurred, not sharp or fuzzy. Is that from overcorrection? I wake up every morning and think, "Oh, I had lasik because my vision is bad." My eyes are still bloodshot and they feel strained from trying to focus. I knew that I would need readers for close up. But this middle vision I feel like I need glasses. Thank you
Virginia

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Regression tends to occur with virtually everyone who was hyperopic (farsighted, longsighted) before Lasik and people who were more than about 6.00 diopters myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) before surgery. There are varibles to this general rule.

With good near vision and good distance vision but poor mid vision I speculate that you may have slight monovision effect or your eyes are learning how to accommodate with the new range of refractive error. You may want to read our article about Lasik focus problems.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:00 pm

My originial prescription was OD -2.75+3.50x104 and OS -1.50+1.75x081 with a 2.0 bifocal. My manifest readings are OD -2.50+3.50x100 and OS:-.50+1.50x85. Do you think I was overcorrected??
Virginia

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:48 pm

It does not appear that you were overcorrected. You have had relatively little change in refractive error. Please verify that you have all your pluses and minuses correct.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:01 pm

Yes, those are the numbers I recieved from my regular doctor and the manifest refraction from my surgeon. I also got K readings from my surgeon pf 42.50x45.50x99 and left eye 43.00x45.00x78. I do not understand these numbers. I do know that my regular doctor said that my prescription was not that bad but my astigmatism was. I will double check the preop numbers as I called his office and one of his assistants looked them up. Maybe she a mistake. Thanks
Virginia

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Glenn, I spoke to the office about those numbers. First, let me clear up one thing. My regular eye doctor is in the city I live in. The actual surgeon is an hour away. My regular doctor does all the preop refracting and post op checks (unless I have a problem etc). So they are not one in tha same. The office assistant told me the numbers: -2.75+3.50x104 and-1.50+1.75x081 are the preop refraction numbers. Basically, that would be the prescription that I would tke if I was buying glasses. The manifest refraction is as before: -2.50+3.50x 100 and -.50+1.50x85. I am 9 days post op and they will not refract me again until my 1 mo. check. So knowing that, will the middle vision get into better focus? Thanks you again!
Virginia

Return to Just Had It