Update from post check up

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Update from post check up

Postby bada5150 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:35 pm

I had post check up this morning with doc. He did reading chart test and told me it is getting better. I told him that my right eye is still little fuzzy hazy (and ghosting). I asked him if this is corneal edema or dry eyes or wrinkles on the flap. He looked at my eyes with scope and told me that he can not see any wrinkles and other symptoms.

I asked him why I am having little fuzzy hazy right eye, He told me that it is regrowing and that is why it is like that and he told me that it will clear by April.

I also told him that I rubbed my eye little bit this morning unconciously. He told that I can rub my eye little bit after a week. He said he can not even tell if I had surgery.

Also, I told him that sometime when I put eye drop, my right eye get clear. He said that it is because of little dry eye even though he doesn't think I have dry eyes anymore. He said that tear is not covering my right eye evenly yet.

Here are my questions.

1. How do they know if I have dry eyes or not just by looking at my eyes?
2. How come my left eye is clear all the time, not my right eye? Is it because of regrowing really? Or my tear is not really working so it doesn't really cover my eye corectly?
3. Don't they have to do more testings other than just looking at my eyes with scope and chart reading?

Thank you in advance.
bada5150

Re: Update from post check up

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:31 pm

bada5150 wrote:1. How do they know if I have dry eyes or not just by looking at my eyes?

Moist eyes will have an even glare upon direct examination. Watching this glare change as teh eye remains open indicates tearing function health.

bada5150 wrote:2. How come my left eye is clear all the time, not my right eye? Is it because of regrowing really? Or my tear is not really working so it doesn't really cover my eye corectly?

It is very common for one eye to progress at a different rate in the early weeks. It is common for one eye to have a different tearing health than the other.

bada5150 wrote:3. Don't they have to do more testings other than just looking at my eyes with scope and chart reading?

Unless there are symptoms or problems upon visual examination, it is not likely that other tests are required so soon after surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It