Allegretto enhancement after 5 years, blurry distance vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Allegretto enhancement after 5 years, blurry distance vision

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:08 am

I had first surgery in 1991 for nearsightedness. Had 2nd surgery past week using lasik allegretto wavefront, I think. they called it blended vision, not monovision. The reading vision is totally corrected, but the distance vision is still very blurry and fluctuates. What could expect as options? They did do the fold back of the cornea, lasik and then fold back in place. I am using drops every 20 minutes and am on day 4.

thanks kay
This post is a reprint of a previously requested inquiry received by USAEyes.org via email.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:10 am

Kay,

It is very early to come to any conclusions about your final outcome.
Lifting the Lasik flap often causes a bit of edema (inflammation, swelling) in the cornea. This can cause a slight myopic (nearsighted) shift. Being able to see near and not far indicates you are nearsighted.

Check with your doctor about your artificial tear lubrication regime. Three times per hour is pretty heavy use. It is good to keep the eye lubricated, but I doubt that your eyes have time to return to normal tear film.
Depending upon the artificial tears you are using this may be contributing to your poor distance vision and certainly could be contributing to your fluctuation in distance vision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It