IOL & Pain

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Yours is a most interesting case. Please continue to keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:39 pm

this wednesday i went back to the surgian and he told me the same. everything is as it should be. ill go to day again but its praticly useless this effort, because he will tell me the exact same thng. i cant wait for the other surgerian see me. he is suppost to see me tomorrow in the afternoon. Oh, i dont use eyedrops since saturday night and i havent been feeling much pain or the eye is red as it is the last time i stop with the drops. but no fireworks before the party|
WaTeR

Postby WaTeR » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:50 pm

This friday i went to the other surgeon. He said that its all fine with the surgery and he explained me that the pain may come from the the zone where the len is, since it is a sensitive zone. He told that its better if i kept like this for a few more months (6 to 12) because if i only use one eyedrop per day, it should not be a big problem. Although, i noticed that since last saturday without drops, i have not been feeling much pain. Lets see if this time we have real progress
WaTeR

Postby WaTeR » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:50 am

i would like your opinion on the last post
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:16 pm

I believe this is sound advice. There is no need to rush into additional surgery if the pain is not debilitating and if you are seeing improvement, as you report. Here's hoping that you are at the final stages of this unusual difficulty. Please return if there are any changes and in a month or so to let us know how you are doing.

Your experience articulated in this forum will be very helpful for anyone else who has a similar problem.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:03 am

Since 27th of January i havent used any eyedrops by doctor request. And until yesterday i was happy because i was feeling less pain for each day it pass (almost none) and there was no redness on the eye. But suddently, yesterday the red appeared and some pain too due to daylight. I was a little disappointed because i thought it was going to be this time that i would stop worring with this particular problem. I've contacted my doctour and he said something like "back to eyedrops".
More 2 days and it would be 4 weeks without eyedrops and without feeling pain or having the red on the eye. At this exact moment, i still have a little on my eye...i havent used eyedrop because i didnt have the chance to go to the phharmacy to buy it. Maybe by the morning.
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:43 am

Thanks for keeping us informed. Yours is a truly baffling set of difficulties.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:30 am

Still the same. Using eyedrops to prevent redness and pain and keep living it. Again, another type of redness appeared a few days ago and for that i used the other eyedrops (much stronger than the one i use often) to make it disapear and that's it. It is not getting worst...but its not getting better. Should i consider this a part of my life now? Because...that's what i think it is now. If only i knew someone with the same conditions (not problem, conditions! because all the doctours i went told me that nothings wrong, after the exams they have done) maybe i would me able to do something about it.
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:16 am

Has you first or second doctor provided a diagnosis. Is they put a term to what you are experiencing?
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:37 am

If by "Term" you mean "Name", the answer is no. The Diagnosis was that everything is as it should be and there's nothing wrong. as i said before, the doctors said that the pain could be related to the sensitive zone(...). They dont see any reaction to be sure of it, but everything else doesnt make sense. Like if it would be the only possible explanation for this situation.

By the way, i havent contact the doctor you recomended me yet, because i havent had the oportunity for it. As soon as possible, i will send a mail reporting my situation with some usual questions.

One quickc observation: Now i am using only 1 eyedrop for each...33 hours (Before was 1 per 24 hours.) I am doing this for some weeks and its holding on ok and i feel my eye more confortable.
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 pm

I attended a major ophthalmology (eye surgeon) conference this week and discussed your situation with several internationally renown surgeons. None have any better explanations that we have already covered. An explant of the lens is an option, but that should be a last resort. Keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Mon May 28, 2007 2:17 am

I have already sent a mail to the doctor you've recommend me.
I still find my eye uncomfortable sometimes, despite the drops i use (1 per 32 hours)

It is praticly the same.
WaTeR

Postby WaTeR » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:44 am

i havent received an answer from the contact you gave to me
WaTeR

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Telephone staff and explain your situation.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby WaTeR » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:47 pm

I should inform you than i already received a reply from the mail i sent. She asked for more information, so she can discuss with other doctors about this situation.
WaTeR

PreviousNext

Return to Just Had It