Custom Vue, Refractive Error?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby DryEye » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:16 pm

I thought I mentioned above that this website has helped.
Most definitely it has and does.
All of our experiences will hopefully help one another and any others that find it.
DryEye

Postby bada5150 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:04 pm

hi Mowchowcr,
How is your blurry eye? Are you still having it blurry? I am still having blurry eye so I am going back to Doctor on Wednesday. I will let you know what doc say.
Did you get a chance to meet your second opinion yet?
bada5150

Postby mowchowch » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:05 pm

Bada
Yes, I do still have difficulties with my left eye. And I am still having alot of fluctuation in my vision overall daily/hourly in both eyes. I am using the eye drops frequently to prevent problems from the dry eyes. I wasnt planning on getting a second opinion at this point. So far I am really comfortable with my surgeon's reputation/opinion...I hope it stays that way. I really feel that alot of my the problems will resolve with healing and time. I know it's hard to have patience..when it comes to our vision. Saturday was not a good day with my vision overall at all...but each day seems different. Mostly I am just trying to be patient. My next appt is Feb 14....my one month checkup. I am not likely to call for a sooner appt b/c I really think that they will tell me that I need time to heal...and for now I believe that. However I do think that my left eye may have more issues to eventually be taken care of down the line. I'll let you know if anything new happens with my vision and what my surgeon says at my next appt. Let me know what your appt reveals.
mowchowch

Postby bada5150 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Good to hear it from you. Same situation here. I am still having a lot of fluctuation in my right eye. I do use a lot of eye drops frequently too. It is really really hard to be patience when it comes to our vision. Weekends were horrible for me too. I am going to back to doctor to hear that it will heal over the time but it will give a piece of mind I think. It is so hard to be patience but this website really helps me out.
Along with talking to everyone here.
I talked my cowoker today regarding fluctuation and he told me that he had fluctuation for almost 6 months. My boss had lasik done 4 years ago and he just told me not to worry. He had fluctuation for 2 months.

I will let you know when I get back from doctor's appoinment.
bada5150

Postby bada5150 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:21 pm

Mowchowch,
How is your blurry eye now? I hope you feel better. I am going to see doctor in a little bit and I will let you know when I come back. My right eye is still blurry and I am still struggling.
bada5150

Postby mowchowch » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:51 pm

please let me know what the doc says. My left eye is still hazier than the right.
mowchowch

Postby bada5150 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi Mowchowch,
I just went to doctor and he did which one's better test (one or two). He told that I still have little astigmatism left on my right eye. Otherwise, it looks healthy.

This can be corrected by glasses but he doesn't want to because it is too early and it will get better with healing time.

He said this can be corrected again with enhancement or glasses but I still read 20/20 both eyes. I hope this will get better. He told me to come back in a month for check up to see if thing gets better.

I would recommend to talk to your doctor to see if you still have astigmatism in your eye. Also, make sure your cornea is clear.
bada5150

Postby mowchowch » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:13 pm

thanks for the update. I am kind of thinking that it might be astigmatism in my left eye causing the problem for me also...as questioned in my first message to Glenn on this post. My appt is next Wed. I will ask the doc if it may be contributing to the problem. I am glad you had a good report. Hopefully we will see great in a few months!!!!
mowchowch

Postby bada5150 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:40 pm

Probably this is why I am seeing two green or red traffic light at night. But again my aunt was seeing three green or red traffic light and she struggled more than 1 year.

I hope this gets better over the time.
bada5150

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm

Mowchowch,
Is your vision getting better? It is really hard to be at work looking at computer screen. How about you?
bada5150

Postby mowchowch » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi Bada
my vision overall today wasnt good. I am not having good acuity with both eyes. my vision is blurred even at 4-5 ft both yesterday and today. but it is not hazy. for a moment after the eye drops things are clear. i am using the eyes drops endlessly. I am getting the impression from reading things on this site that these changes are normal. I am not having pain at all ...so I'm still going to wait to see what the doc says next Wed. I will be prepared will all my questions. Not having the haziness with the blurred vision is really making me feel better than when the haze was present..and since i see clear for a moment with the drops...it gives me reassurance. even if I end up needing enhancement or glasses/contacts it's ok....as long as i can see right. I really do think that alot of this is normal though. I am not having so many problems with using the computer...although I dont work on it all day.
mowchowch

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:48 pm

That is true. As long as I can see right, I don't mind wearing glasses again.
Just like Glenn said we are still healing, we have to wait and see.
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:23 am

The hard part is waiting to see.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bada5150 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:41 pm

DryEye,
My major question is Can you see it right during the day time? I have astigmatism on my right eye (see traffic light 1 and 1/2). This is very uncomfortable all day at work since I am looking at computer all day. Can you see it ok during the day time? Does this clear up after certain time?

Thank you
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi Guys,
Can I jump on the bandwagon too? I am 3 wks. post Custom Lasik. I kmew my close up vision would be compromised but I still have trouble with middle and distant vision being blurry or not crisp. I have eye strain that makes my eyes tired and feel crossed eyed. Actually, I feel like they put a set of different eyes in my head!! At this point I feel like I made a big mistake i having this done. I did have an astigmatism prior to surgery. I was OD: -2.75+3.50x104. OS: -1.50+1.75x081. Also. a +2.0 bifocal. My post lasik adjustment is OD: -2.50+3.50x100. OS: -.50+1.50x85. I don't know if I too have astigmatism left and it is causing my symptoms?? I have to squint when trying to look at something and have trouble making out peoples faces at a distance. Really wish I just stayed in glasses and saved the large amount of money!! Surgeons need to be more specific when explaining to patients the outcome of this surgery. I was told only that I would have a 95% of seeing 20/20 and a 99% of seeing 20/25. Also, that I would need reading glasses for a distance out to 13 inches. There was no mention of a bad middle vision etc. Makes me feel like I was ripped off!!! It is hard to be patient when your vision is bad! Just want my old eyes and glasses back!! Ginny
Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Just Had It