Monovision and mid-distance

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Monovision and mid-distance

Postby daf999999 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:00 pm

I think I understand that the Lasik correction will make your eyes less able to focus between near and far (thats why sudden presyobia). If that is so, how do I test my mid-vision. I am wearing a 3.25 and 1.5 contact for monovision and it seems fine for the computer. But, if its my distance eye focusing on the computer, will it no longer be able to do so after full correction. I am confident that post-monovision I will have good distance and reading but want to make sure that mid will also be good.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
daf999999

Postby yawny » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:54 am

I think that it is your close up eye that will be the one that will focus for the computer, presuming that your computer is about 14-20 inches or so from your face. My close up eye is the one for the computer, but with fine font, I sometimes wear readers to work on the computer. My eyes are still healing, but my distance eye doesn't focus well until about 2 ft or so.
yawny

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:45 pm

The amount of accommodation that you experience with monovision contacts is the same as you would experience with Lasik monovision. Sudden Presbyopia tends to occur to those who used glasses before surgery or did not recognize how often they removed their glasses to see objects near.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It