redness not going away

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

redness not going away

Postby kev999 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:55 pm

i'm four week post-op and ever since week two one of my eye has been experiencing redenss. i thought it was part of healing process. after week three i changed my artificial tear to Refresh Tears(i'm using the regular Refresh Tears w/ perservative during the day and the perservative-free vail at night) and the redness is still there. i don't want to call my doctor office cuz all they gonna say is it's normal and if my vision doesn't change and i don't feel any discomfort don't worry about it. so is this really normal? btw, i was using Systane for the 1st three weeks.
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:51 pm

I am assumming that this redness is in the white part of the eye.

What you may have is a subconjunctival hematoma. That is a fancy way of saying that you have a blood blister at the white part of the eye. The application during Lasik of the microkeratome to the eye can break one of the small blood vessels. It is often very noticeable and looks dreadful, but it is a condition that does not require any care and will resolve with time.

Verify with your doctor if this is the cause of the redness. Give them a call.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby kev999 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:08 pm

thanks. spoke to my doctor today, and he said from the pictures they took of me he can pretty much conclude the redness is due to my eyelashes point backward or trichiasis. he suggested me to plug them.
kev999

Return to Just Had It