dominant eye

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

dominant eye

Postby bada5150 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:43 am

Hi Glen,
I am wondering if dominant eye can be changed by lasik surgery. I clearly remember that my doc told me my right eye is dominant eye. Now my left sees better than right eye. My right eye see clearly sometimes blurry sometimes.... So if that dominant eye changes because of lasik, then is it possible for someone to have headache due to that? If the brain is trying to convert dominant eye then would that cause headache?

Thank you
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:32 pm

Eye dominance is not necessarily about which eye sees better. It is about which eye looks directly at an object. The non-dominant eye looks at an object from a slight angle.

It is possible that eye dominance can change if an imbalance of conditions makes it necessary. The change would most likely be unnoticeable, but could conceivable cause undesired effects.

We have an article about dominant eye issues that you may find interesting.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bada5150 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:48 pm

This is very interesting. I just found out that my right eye is dominant eye with dominant eye tester on this website. This is very helpful.
Glenn,
Since my right eye is blurry and it is also dominant eye, then would I have problem seeing things? Or would it eventually change to left eye since my left eye sees way more clearly?

Thank you in advance.
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:45 am

If I recall correctly, at certain distances your right eye sees clearly. Since it is reasonable to assume that you would be looking at objects at this distance throughout the day, the right eye will at least part of the time have clear vision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It