eye glasses

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

eye glasses

Postby bada5150 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi Glenn,
My doctor said that I can have eye glasses if things doesn't get better. But I think I read somewhere here that if someone has irregular astigmatism, then eye glasses would not correct the vision?

My astigmatism seems little blurry and I see 1 and 1/2 ghosting when I see traffic light. Mostly, ghost vision comes bottom of object. Is this irregular astigmatism or regular astigmatism?

As cornea keeps changing (I mean healing) would this get better?

Thank you again. This website and your knowledge is really really great help!!
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 pm

As the cornea heals you can expect changes. The body is very good at resolving imperfections, so improvement is a reasonable expectation.

A very irregular cornea may require contact lenses for best correction, however you would achieve with glasses what you are able to achieve in the doctor's office through that lens machine (phoropter).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Thank you so much Glenn,
This website is really so much helpful in emotionally and your opinion and knowledge really really help!!!

Thank you so much again.
bada5150

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Glenn,
I would like to ask you one more question. I can not thank you enough, you and this website is so helpful.
If I start wearing glasses for astigmatism, would eye still try to resolve imperfections? Or it doesn't try to resolve imperfection because if it sees ok through glasses?

Thank you so much for info, I can not possibly thank you enough.
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:22 am

That is a good question and points out the physical and neurological parts of vision. The physical is that the epithelium works hard to make the corneal surface regular and smooth. The neurological is that if the brain does not see bad information it will not ignore bad information.

If you require glasses to function, then they need to be worn. If not, there are some who would argue that it is best to not use them. I do not know that there is any really good science to back that up, but it is a logical theory.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bada5150 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 am

Glenn,
I have questions regarding eye glasses.

1. Is there eye glasses that will fix starburst and halos at night?
2. If it does, how does eye glasses will fix starburst and night vision problem? By blocking light coming through?

Thank you again.
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:43 am

Glasses will very likely resolve starbursting or halos if they are caused by refractive error. Even a small amount of refractive error can cause a blur that can be quite noticeable in low light environments.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It