correcting vision before healing-

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

correcting vision before healing-

Postby mike r » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:00 am

Maybe we should nt alter the vision(with glasses) throughtout the healing time ie 6mos.
Our brains are trying to adjust to the changes and we dont really know our true results for a long time. Therefore we should struggle with where we are and make due because we may alter our results for the worse...

This seems logical to me from what the expert has continually impressed upon responses to the less than adequate results of some...
mike r

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:21 am

If vision is poor enough that the patient is unable to function, then glasses are warranted.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bada5150 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:21 am

That is the thing that I am worried about. Does brain really help to heal right way or eye is independent with brain?
Glenn,
It has been 4 weeks and I have to go business travel tomorrow. Is it safe to fly at this point?

Thank you
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:28 am

At four weeks postop commercial a airline flight should be no problem except that the conditioned and recycled air of a flight can cause or exacerbate dry eyes. Be sure to take some vials of preservative-free artificial tears.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It