I had great vision for 7 yrs post Lasik but now am concerned

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

I had great vision for 7 yrs post Lasik but now am concerned

Postby marellajl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:54 am

I had Lasik done in 1998 and I first noticed my vision going bad about 2 yrs ago... i had glasses for a while but then lost them and my vision seemed to improve for awhile.... i have a horrible distortion in my left eye... some days worse than others... everything that has letters is doubled or kinda wavy and distorted... my right eye looks like it has a slight astigmatism now but nothing like my left eye.... I don't know what happened and if this is a usual problem years after Lasik or not..... are glasses the only way or is there something else i can do? Oh and i can't wear contact lenses, my eyes are too dry with them and the doc says Lasik causes dry eye to start with so contacts are impossible for me... ... any comments for me?? Thanks
marellajl

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:07 am

First and foremost: get a comprehensive examination from a qualified eye physician. What is causing your vision changes needs to be determined. There is nothing specific about Lasik that would likely cause such changes 7 years later. The changes may be related to something other than Lasik.

Although glasses may resolve your vision problem you should investigate contact lenses again. In the past five years there have been many improvements in the materials used for contact lenses. You have more options today and you may find a material that works well for you.

You say that you have dry eyes. You may want to review our article regarding dry eye treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Do you reccomend any type of contacts in particular?

Postby marellajl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:31 pm

I have had a complete eye evaluation and my eyes are considered healthy and a perscription was given for both glasses and contact lenses... but i have tried 3 different types of contact lenses that are thinner and breathe oxygen better and are made of different matierials, but none of these seem to be working for me... i either feel like i have sand in my eye or that they're stuck like a suction cup. I could only stand them in my eyes for 30 mins at the most. During this 30 mins for multiple times i put artificial tears in my eyes... .... The doc said they fit fine and it's not the fit thats the problem. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Got any comments about trying a certain kind of contact lens??
marellajl

Return to Had It A While Ago