enhancement question "fine tune"

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

enhancement question "fine tune"

Postby bada5150 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Glenn,
I have questions regarding to enhancement "fine tune". I read article about if someone does enhancement to correct astigmatism, then he/she might get over corrected? (heperopia). Then How does doctor do enhancement without over-correcting the eye?
What do you mean by "fine tune"?

One of member here went to doctor to ask his astigmatism, doctor told him it is fairly easy process. But how?

What is comfortable range of astigmatism? (-1.00? -2.00? or -.50?)

Thank you in advance.
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Good question Bada,
You sound like you are in the same boat as I am. Today my eyes are really bothering me. The eye strain is crazy and I squint to get things in focus. I get headaches from trying to see good. I know if feels like when I needed to put on my glasses before surgery. I'd bet my life I have more astigmatism too. When I close my left eye off, my right eye is more blurry than the left. My rt. eye had the greater astigmatism. I too am afraid over doing laser with enhancement. What if enhancement makes it even worse? I had the custom with the VISX laser. I thought since they did a mapping of my eye that the machine pretty much did the rest. Am I wrong, Glenn??? Did not realize that I could not see items on a grocery shelf without reading glasses either. Also,when I am trying on clothes I need readers too see then too. My farsightedness extends out more that just reading a book or computer use. If only I knew this ahead of time I would have opted for not having it done. I have only met one other person of about 20 that are not happy with their lasik. Just doesn't seem it can't be fixed because so many are so satisfied. But I, like you, am concerned about enhancement too. Are we adding fuel to the fire?? Hope we can find answers!! Ginny
Virginia

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:31 am

Hi Virginia,
I am really scared of laser enhancement after reading that astigmatism is really hard to correct and once you correct your astigmatism, then it will automatically correct moypia. Then become more hyperobia. I think that is what Glenn said in one of these posts.
My left eye see very clear and sharp (I think very little astigmatism). My right is just horrible. (it sees everything blurry even though I read 20/20 on right eye. Both unbalanced eyes are giving me headache sometimes. And specially, when I am in indoor my vision gets horrible. It is hard to see thing. I should say I can not see anything right. It seems like my left eye covers some when I am outside. But still if I block my left eye, my right eye vision is horrible with astigmatism. White letters, lights they are all two on my right eye.
I am very scared of getting laser enhancement because my right eye was seeing clearly first few days (maybe 3 days) and started getting worse (astigmatism kicks in after 3 days). Unlikely my right eye, my left eye was seeing blurry and two things but it got cleared up.

I am wondering if this means that I have induced astigmatism. Maybe they corrected my eyes right and maybe it healed wrong?
Keep us updated!!!
bada5150

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:37 am

I am still not sure if I should stick with glasses to fix my astigmatism or enhancement surgery. What would you do Virginia?
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:43 am

DO you feel like your eyes are not in sync with each other? Like the point where they meet is not exact. So hard to explain. Think they screwed the wrong eyeballs in my head. Boy, this sure cured me of ever wanting plastic surgery. Not taking anymore chances on medicine. I did hear something to the extent that you have to have a certain amount of whatever to correct. I don't know if the machine can correct extremely minimal amounts. I would think that we might be more than that minimal amount if we are experiencing as much as we are. Right?? Is that wishful thinking??
Virginia

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:59 am

Bada, What was the date of your surgery? Do you know the laser machine type they used? If I am a good candidate for enhancement, I will do it but not before 2 months. I will throughly drill my surgeon on the outcome. I don't want the wool pulled over my eyes (so to speak). Give me the facts and the Truth!! I won't jump into enhancement if there is a so-so chance of good outcome. I will just consider this whole thing a bad investment financially and physically!! I am very frustrated as you are!
Virginia

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:44 pm

I had flying spot ADARvision machine. I think this machine shoots laser and cut the flap and shoot laser again. How is your eyes doing today?
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:17 pm

Hi Bada, My eyes are about the same today. I can't wait for my check up on the 27th so he can refract me and see what my vision actually is. There was another lady on these forums that was complaining about her terrible middle vision and how she can't see when she goes antique shopping. Ya don't want to mess with that shopping. Haha. So we are not the only ones. When do you see your doctor again?? Good luck!
Virginia

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:45 pm

I am due back on 28th. But Iam trying to get in earlier than that. Because I am working everyday and it is really hard with this blurry middle vision. I am trying to get eye glasses to fix this astigmatism. Though I don't what degrees of astigmatism I currently have.
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Bada, Seems we are on the same schedule. Yes, I don't work outside the home anymore so I am sure with your line of work it's a real pain. Many people have told me to give it time. Sometimes I do wish I had glasses to put on and get my old vision back. I do Believe that if you are still in the healing period your vision will chance during the time of you wearing glasses. Therefore, I don't know how long the glasses will do you good. You hate to spend a couple hundred dollars on glasses and only have them work for a few weeks. Your doctor should help guide you with that. Have they refracted you since surgery? It seems my distant vision was a bit better right after surgery. Not a big deal though. I would rather give up a little long distance and get the middle distance back. Since I am 52 I know my real close up will need reading glasses. But actually before surgery I could see better close up than my close up post surgery.
Virginia

Postby Virginia » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:04 pm

Sorry Bada, I have a typo. I meant that your vision may "change" during the time you are wearing glasses.
Virginia

Return to Just Had It