tear production

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

tear production

Postby bada5150 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Glenn,
It seems like eyes are getting drier over night. Do eyes produce less tear at night?

Thank you again.
bada5150

Postby Virginia » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi again Bada,
Yes, my eyes are dryer during the night too. I think with the heat on and the fact you are not blinking that may attribute to it. I get up and put 2 drops of systane (I wish I had stock in this stuff!) in both eyes. When I awake I put a warm wet cloth over my eyes because the systane drys on my lashes. Then I put another drop in for the morning. I am very blurry in the first hour or so of the morning with the drops. I do feel that this is a minor problem compared to my actual vision problem. I had my lasik on Jan 23rd. We sound so similar with our outcome!!
Virginia

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 am

Hi Virginia,
You might be right. We are not blinking as often as we do at day time. Probably, that might be why. I wake up two times at night to put eye drops too. Just like you, my eyes are drier over night. I never woke up before when I was using glasses. I miss full over night sleep without waking up.
Try Refresh PM. This one lasts longer than regular eye drops. At least, you don't have to wake up few times with this.

Glenn has probably better idea than us on this. He has been really great help through my journey.
bada5150

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:43 pm

The gel or ointment lubricants are idea for nighttime, however you can also add moisture to the room with a humidifier. This is especially helpful if you sleep with your eyes slightly open.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It