Blurred Vision - long distance only

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Blurred Vision - long distance only

Postby Kellyb » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:40 pm

I had the Lasik Wavefront treatment done in both eyes on Friday, and my near vision is great although my long distance is still quite blurred (ie when i drive, I cant read the registration plate in front of me!)
Is this quite normal - does it take a while for your eyes to adjust?
Many thanks!
Kellyb

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:18 pm

The symptoms you describe indicate that you are slightly myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) at the moment. If you were hyperopic (farsighted, longsighted) before surgery then it is a common technique to deliberately make you slightly myopic so expected regression of effect will return you to plano (no refractive error).

If you were myopic before surgery, either you have residual myopia or corneal edema (swelling) that is temporarily inducing the myopia. Of course you may have some edema if you were hyperopic before surgery. You just had microsurgery on your eyes. A bit of edema is quite normal.

The fact that you have excellent near vision indicates that the quality of your vision is good, the health of your eyes is good, and that the problem is only simple refractive error. This may resolve during the normal six month healing period, however you may want to get a pair of glasses to provide full correction to help you when superb distance vision is required, such as when driving. Seek an optical dispenser who has a liberal lens update policy because your refractive error will likely change as you heal.

Be sure to discuss your concerns with your doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It