rubbing your eyes

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

rubbing your eyes

Postby baseballfan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:32 am

This will be my last question, I promise! I am eight days post lasik. I woke up and caught myself lightly rubbing my eyes. Are my eyes healed enough or should I be concerned?
baseballfan

Postby WaTeR » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:50 am

Well...it seems to soon to be rubbing your eyes. I believe that your eyes are still in a healing period...keeping them more vulnerable than the usual. "Play safe" hehe
WaTeR

Postby baseballfan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:30 pm

I am more concerned about what I may have done. I am not wanting to rub them in the future.
baseballfan

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:02 pm

You can review a detailed article about Lasik flap healing that may be helpful. If you rub your eyes too soon after surgery it hurts and your vision gets bad.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby kev999 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:10 pm

LasikExpert wrote:You can review a detailed article about Lasik flap healing that may be helpful. If you rub your eyes too soon after surgery it hurts and your vision gets bad.

i also caught myself rubbing my eye this morning and that certainly woke me up abruptly. i'm 1 month post-op, should i be worried?
kev999

Postby rickybobby » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:27 am

If you had an abrasion during the procedure (4%) you may have cause for concern if the abrasion isn't 100% healed. If you were woken up with pain in your eye, there is the possibility that the cell wall on your cornea was scratched. Use eye drops very frequently if this was the case. Your best bet if you are concerned is to call the folks who performed the procedure in the first place.
rickybobby

Return to Just Had It