Problem with "middle" distance: Did anyone get BET

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Problem with "middle" distance: Did anyone get BET

Postby letalou » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:02 pm

I am one month post-op with Lasik. I am 42. I had no previous old lady reading problems. I had -5 & -6 and asigmatism. I can read a book and see the computer (finally)

My main complaint is middle distance. I can't see my friends faces in a dimly lit restaurant. I can't see nicknacks in antique stores. I can't see items in the grocery store. I can't identify things in my ramshackle basement. I can't find the mayonaise in the back of the refridgerator.

My second complaint is night time. It's a disaster. Will I ever be able to drive at night again?

When I go to my appt on Monday I am going to be tested for distance, and it will probabaly be good. I will be tested for reading and that will be good. I suspect I will have no way of testing this middle ground problem other than my complaints.

Has anyone (besides Viginia-THANK YOU!) had this problem and has it gone AWAY.

Is there an explanation for this. Can it be resolved?

Any insight would be great. THANKS
letalou

question

Postby mike r » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:35 am

Letalou,

Did you have the blade or the laser flap...

And what laser machine did you have do the treatment???

I bet your saving a lot of money since the treatment...

Oh sorry...

<mike r>
mike r

Postby letalou » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:01 am

laser flap

don't know the machine!
letalou

Postby yawny » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 am

I am about 15 days post Lasik, and I have some trouble with the middles distance too, but it varies from day to day as does my distance vision. Sometimes when I go into a store it is overwhelming with all the reading and difficulty with mid range, and sometimes it is not a problem. My doctor said it should get better with healing, but I would not want to give up my near vision to correct it. I would not be able to read my watch, cell phone etc. if I didn't have the monovision. so I will probably learn to live with it, and hope it improves with time.
yawny

Return to Just Had It