Headaches

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Headaches

Postby Susan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi, I had lasik surgery on Friday 2/9 (8 days ago) and had headaches for the first couple of days. They went away and today I have had the worst headache all day. Is this a normal side effect of lasik?

Susan
Susan

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 am

Headaches are not normal. They do occur, but it is not a normal part of the Lasik healing process. Notify your surgeon of the problem and also try to isolate when they occur, such as morning but not evening, at work but not driving, etc. This can help in determining the cause. You may also want to read about headache after Lasik issues
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Susan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:45 pm

Glenn, Thank you very much for the info. I think it is dry eye. It went away (the headache) and today at my visit we discussed the dry eye issue. I was on restasis and will be using it again 2 weeks post surgery to keep the dry eye under control.
Susan
Susan

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:58 am

Dry eye can certainly cause headaches. You may want to read our article about Lasik dry eye treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It