just did one month post op

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

just did one month post op

Postby kev999 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:12 pm

i went to a different doctor since my doctor only does 6 month post op check unless you have complication( yes, he is that confident about his job). anyways, my vision is the same as the 1 week post op, left 20/20, right 20/30, combine 20/20. no complaints here but is my right eye staying at 20/30 forever? it hasn't changed for almost a month now. also i have so call trichaisis(spell check) with my left eye, its eyelashes point backward. my lasik doctor told me don't worry about it, if i'm not comfortable just go to any optometry and get them plugged. but the doctor i went to for my 1 month checkup told me i have a case of entropion which needs surgery to fix my eyelid :roll: i don't think i'm gonna go that route just yet.
kev999

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Your refractive error may continue to change with healing, depending upon your eye prescription before surgery. If you were very myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) before surgery or hyperopic (farsighted, longsighted), it is reasonable to expect some regression of effect.

Unfortunately the Snellen 20/Whatever test does not indicate if you are overcorrected or undercorrected. This too makes a difference on predicting if your vision will get better, worse, or stay the same.

Do you have your current prescription?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It