Fluctuating Vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Fluctuating Vision

Postby LPG » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:45 pm

I had LASIK on 2/09/07. I have vision that starts out blurry in the morning where I cannot see the license plate of the car in front of me when driving. By 5 pm I seem to have 20/20 vision. My doctor explained that my vision may be more blurry in the morning due the fact that my eyes are most dry in the morning and that my swelling seems to be greater during the mornings. Does this make sense and is it true?

Has anyone experienced improved vision as the day progresses? This has happened everyday since my LASIK.
LPG

Postby Virginia » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi, I experienced blurred vision in the morning especially when I put my artificial tears in. It is probably due to dryness and it is due to yur surgery being so new. I am 4 weeks post op and I am now finally seeing improvement. I had trouble with middle vision and it seems to be getting better. Flourescent lights still distort my vision and the nurse told me that is common for a while. Give it more time. I was a basket case for the first 3 weeks. It is still not perfect but everyday it gets better. It is so difficult to be patient. Everyone who has this surgery needs to know that you don't see 100% right off the bat. Like other surgerys, it needs time to heal. I see my doctor next Tuesday and finally get to be refracted. Am anxious to see the outcome. Good luck and keep reading from this website. It has kept me sane!
Virginia

Postby LPG » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 am

Thank you for your response. It does give me hope. It is somewhat debilitaing that my vision starts so blurry in the mornings. I guess I will have to be patient. What do you mean when you say that you will get refracted when you go to see your doctor?
LPG

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:22 am

Refraction is a process of determining your eyeglass prescription (which is better, one or two?).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It