Refresh Plus vs. Systane Drops

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby susieQ » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:17 pm

I have been using Refresh Plus drops but ran out so I tried a sample that I had of Systane. The Systane seems a little thicker and makes my eyes feel better. However, it seems a little blurry after I use it. Is this anything to be concerned about? Anyone have an opinion??? Thanks
susieQ

Postby bada5150 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi I use refresh plus at work because it doesn't make my vision blurry. I use systane at night because it makes my eyes blurry and last longer than refresh plus.
bada5150

Postby Erik » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:13 am

I'll second bada5150's opinion. Systane works great for longer periods when I can take blurriness for a bit -- sleeping at night or the train ride home from work. Refresh Tears are better when I'm reading or working on a computer and don't want the interruption.
Erik

Postby susieQ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:28 am

Thanks so much for your replies. I will buy some more Refresh drops tomorrow and use them as you do.
susieQ

Postby etess » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 am

I was using Systane....but decided to buy Bion Tears today. Like them better.....! Try Bion...more expensive...but worth it.
etess

Drops

Postby susieQ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Has anyone ever had burning from the drops? I used the Systane drops yesterday and last night. When I used them before bed my eyes burned and I ended up using some Refresh afterwards and the burning stopped. Now I'm thinking that I shouldn't have changed. Or maybe I'll try the Bion drops. On a better note. I planted flowers outside today and the whole time I was working I didn't think about my eyes for a change.
susieQ

Postby Betty39 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Susie,

It's amazing how many there are that suffer from dry eye. I think some doctors really don't emphasize how uncomfortable this side effect can be, I know mine didn't.
I find when my eyes are especially dry that putting drops in can actually make them burn more for a bit. It usually subsides.
I sleep with Genteal Gel for severe eye. It's messy but it works.
I've tried every single type of drop, ointment or gel out there. I like Systane during the day and the Genteal Gel at night. Keep trying different types till you find a system that works best for you.
Betty39

Postby etess » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:16 am

Betty-Do you use the vials of Systane? Or the bottle? I was using the bottle for a few days...did good with it....but then realized only the vials are preservative free? I want to use preservative free for now...b/c I'm putting so many drops in.

Anyway...been happy with the bion....either going to try genteal pm or tears naturale PM tonight....

Today I had a nice surprise...my school was closed b/c of bad weather....so I had a day of eye rest. My eyes actually felt great until about 2 pm. I think today was my best day yet....and it's 7 days post op!
etess

Postby Betty39 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:12 am

I use the Systane vials to avoid preservatives.
I am glad your eyes are feeling better :) It's very helpful to have days when you don't have to work and can just rest your eyes.
You are one gutsy lady to have done the surgery knowing you had dry eyes! I am such a chicken and a non risk taker that if they didn't tell me that I was THE perfect candidate I would have chickened out. Even so, lucky me, I developed a complication.
I am glad you are having better luck and wish you the best in your recovery!
Betty39

Drops

Postby susieQ » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:19 am

Good News! Seems like my eyes are getting better. I have been really busy the past couple of days and forget about putting drops in. I don't seem to be having a problem,so knock on wood, maybe I'm getting better as I heal. Hope that all of you experience the same.
susieQ

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:41 am

That's great to hear. You are an example that Lasik is a process, not an event.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It