Thin film on one eye, scratchy

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Thin film on one eye, scratchy

Postby jamie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:03 am

I had Lasik Wavefront 2 weeks ago, today after I woke I felt my left eye scratchy, I wash my face with close eyes. But then later, my eye just became really blurry like there is a thin whit film. Help.
jamie

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:58 am

I do not wish to sound alarmist, however you need to notify your doctor of this change promptly.

If the white film appearance has not resolved by the time you read this information, telephone now - even if the office is closed. You will undoubtedly get an answering service who can contact an on-call doctor.

What you describe can be a very benign part of the healing process, and it can also be something much more serious. You need to let your doctor make the decision what should be done.

If you experience a rapid progression of the hazy vision and cannot contact your doctor, go to an emergency room. If the hazy vision stabilizes and/or gets better, then such a drastic measure is probably not necessary.

What will be best will be to contact your doctor. Be sure to let us know what the doctor says/does.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Thin White Film

Postby jamie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:11 pm

Thanks for your response Glenn. I was really alarm yesterday. I went to my doctor, I was seen by another doctor who told me there was a scratch on my eye and that eye was very dry. She told me to use the antibiotic drops and to lubricate my eyes with Refresh gel at night.

This morning, my eye is still blurry but the thin white film is gone.

I don't know what happened, if it was the cleanser when I washed my face or when I dried my face with the towel that scratch my eyes. But I know I have to be very careful again in the future. I am even planning to wear the shields at least for a month.

I hope my vision will go back to normal in the next few days.
jamie

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:26 pm

I'm glad to hear that the diagnosed cause of your problem is something relatively benign and that will undoubtedly resolve with healing.

You may want to read our article about dry eye treatment, but while you are using antibiotic drops don't change your dry eye regimen without first discussing with your doctor potential problems with mixing the two.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Thin White Film

Postby jamie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:46 pm

I read the information on your website for dry eyes. It has very good information. Now I think I understand what happened. I had dry eyes the first week after my surgery but it got better because I have been continuously using the drops and taking Flax seed oil, but then yesterday feeling better and didn't seem to be having dried eyes I let low.

One thing though I read about your website is that antihistamines can exaxerbate dry eyes. I have been taking Benadryl the past 2 days because of a cold. I think that could have really made my eyes really dry plus I did not use the drops yesterday, except once.

Thanks for the information. You have been very helpful to a lot of people.
jamie

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:55 pm

Thank you for your kind words. Be sure to tell your friends about us and put a link to us in other forums.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It