How Many Eye Drops

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

How Many Eye Drops

Postby johnson1615 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:01 pm

Had my lasik 3 days ago.
Directions to use tears: 2 drops in each eye every hour.
Is it ok to use more than 2 each hour at the same application? I am following every direction to the letter and I know this one sounds a little anal, but I would like to know.
I guess I am one of those people who thinks if 2 are good, then 4 must be great????????
johnson1615

Postby yawny » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:14 am

Which drops are you referring to? The plain tears, or the antibiotics, or the steroid drops? If it is just the plain tears, it probably doesn't matter how many you put in, but if it is the steroids or the antibiotics, I would follow the directions and just do the one. By the way you should put pressure on the inside corner of your eye at the tear duct , for a few seconds when using the steroids or the antibiotics, to help keep them from washing right back out or your eye.
yawny

Postby tiggy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi -

How are your eyes feelign today?
I was told no more than every 2 hours. My docotor wanted me to use systane. I am guessing you can strip your eyes of your own healing tears if you drown your eyes. On the other hand dry eyes are not good for healing.

The tech told me once an hour........so I was somewhere between the two recommendations.

As far as drop wise- Theratears tell you to empty the whole vial equally between your eyes with in 5 minutes of opening the tube.

I would follow your doctors instructions and try to clarify them when you see him next. Keep us posted!

All the best.
Tigs
tiggy

Postby johnson1615 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:01 pm

For the first 3 days it was 2 drops each eye every hour. After the first 3 days it was 2 drops each eye every 2 hours.
After thinking about it I have found that after the first 2 drops they spill out anyway so I guess it is just a matter of throwing them away or having them all over my face!
My eyes feel pretty good. Once, after playing on the computer with my son for a while, they felt a little dry and tired but a couple of drops and a little nap and I was fine again.

I am having a little fluctuation but know it is to be expected. However, it makes me very anxious about my vision. I am only 5 days post-op and I have got to find a hobby or something to take my mind off my eyes a little...........
johnson1615

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:08 pm

johnson1615 wrote:I am only 5 days post-op and I have got to find a hobby or something to take my mind off my eyes a little...........

I took up drumming. The perfect relase.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It