one year or lifetime warranty?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

one year or lifetime warranty?

Postby lkestler » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:47 am

I am having Lasik done on Thursday and my doctor offers a one year warranty that is already built into the price where I can get an enhancement done if need be within that one year time frame free of charge. They also offer a lifetime warranty for $100.00 more per eye. From what I have read if you are going to need an enhancement it will show up within the first year. What are the chances I will need an enhancement after the first year? Should I spend the extra $200.00 or is it not really neccessary?

Thanks,
Lisa
lkestler

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:58 am

The majority of enhancement surgeries occur in the 3-6 month postop period.

The extra $200 is essentially an insurance policy. If you are very myopic, hyperopic, or have high astigmatism, then this may be valuable. If you do not purchase the "warranty", then negotiate in advance what would be the cost for additional surgery. Also, ask what value is the "warranty" if technology or techniques change or you need something other than exactly what you have had. Verify also if you are required to have an annual examination (at your expense) by the doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It