Healing after LASIK

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Healing after LASIK

Postby DKShoup » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:09 am

We've been living in the Frankfurt area for the last several years, and have found the medical care in Germany to be excellent.

Two of my colleagues and a tennis partner have all had LASIK here with good results, so I'm seriously considering it.

I had my first appt. on Monday, and am a good candidate according to the examining doctor.

My question is regarding the healing process. Two years ago I had a tooth implant in lieu of a bridge, and it absolutely did not take, despite two tries by the dentist. The new implant should have been accepted by my system, but there was no growth around the implant as should have been the case. Is this any indication that my eyes would not heal properly following the LASIK surgery?
DKShoup

Postby BobD » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Just a biologist and not a doctor, but the implant was a foreign body and your immune system rejected it, or did not recognise it.

A LASIK doesn't put any foreign body into your eye.
BobD

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Lasik is isolated to manipulation of the cornea, which does not have the same rejection mechninism as other parts of the body. Rejection of Lasik is not going to be a concern. You should verify that the underlying cause of the tooth implant rejection (if any) would be a factor in Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It