1 Week Post-Op Visit --- Regression :(

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

1 Week Post-Op Visit --- Regression :(

Postby johnson1615 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Went for my 1 week post-op visit yesterday.

There was a dark cloud but it may have a silver lining.....

My eye that was originally -10.25 is now -0.25 which I am thrilled with!
My eye that was -11.5 is now -1.00. Which is not as good as day after surgery :(

I can see very well up close and far away. I believe I have 'unplanned' monovision. If I check each eye individually I can really tell a difference.
If my eye doesn't regress much further this could actually be a good thing as I will not need reading glasses. I was afraid of the monovision at first so I elected for distance in both eyes. Now I know monovision will suit my needs well.

Glenn, you let me know up front that I would be a process and not an event. I appreciate that because it prepared me to not be too upset with the regression. I think if I had not been told that beforehand I would really be panicking now.

Thank you for your help!
johnson1615

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm always glad to prevent a panic! I'm also glad that you are thus far satisfied with your vision. Hopefully you will stop where you are, but do not be surprised if regression continues and enhancment surgery is suggested.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby johnson1615 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Does regression ever reverse during the first few weeks post-op?????
johnson1615

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:05 pm

Changes during the first six months after surgery are common, and those changes can include fluctuation in visual acuity. You may be dealing with something other than true regression of effect, such as dry eye or edema.

There really is no way to know your final outcome at one week postop after being more than 10 diopters myopic. Enjoy what you have, expect changes, be patient, easier said than done.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It