Uh Oh, can someone help me with Restasis

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Uh Oh, can someone help me with Restasis

Postby lkestler » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:55 am

I am having my lasik surgery on Thursday. It is a good thing because I obviously can not read. :lol: My doctor gave my a prescription for Restatis to start tonight. I read the package insert but did not read the label on the box itself. I ended up putting three drops in each eye instead of the prescribed one drop per eye. Is this ok? Should I call the doctor? My eyes feel ok, just a little burning. Thanks.
lkestler

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:07 pm

Let your doctor know, of course, but if you put three drops in your eyes at the same time it is likely that two drops welled up and rolled down your cheeks. Expect that your doctor's office will say that all is fine, but rely on your doctors, not me.
Last edited by LasikExpert on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby peakaboo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:05 pm

I've been on Restasis for a few months and typically put two drops in both eyes...it says one drop, but sometimes the drop sizes are not identical, sometimes you don't get a direct hit, and the excess medication usually drains into your nose or drips down your cheek anyway, as Glenn indicated.

Can't hurt to check with your doctor though.
peakaboo

Return to Just Had It