Lasik on March 9, one day update

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Lasik on March 9, one day update

Postby michaelm » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 pm

I had my lasik performed on Friday March 9 at about 2:30. My eyeglass prescription for nearsightedness was -1.75 right, -1.25 left. I had both eyes done with all laser Lasek. After the surgery, I felt no pain, went home and wore the shields, keeping my eyes closed as much possible and taking pred forte every 2 hours. My vision seemed pretty clear last night, but I niticed some halos around the streeet lights near my house.

I got up this morning, and while the vision in my right eye is very clear, the left eye vision is not sharp at all. I can see my watch, but that's about it.

Went for a follow up this morning. Flaps are excellant, measured 20/40 combined, 20/15 right corrected, and about 20/70 in the left. The doctor wants to give the left a few days to catch up. he said that the blurring in the left is not uncommon, and may be rrelated to the markings he made pre- surgery.

I can see well enough for normal tasks ,but driving is difficult with a slight loss of depth perception. i doubt I could drive a t night.

Anyone have any comments, suggestions? I was hoping for clearer vision. Am i jumping the gun?
michaelm

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 pm

It's one day after having laser microsurgery on your eyes. Yes, you are jumping the gun.

A bit of edema (swelling) would be a resonable expectation and could cause the lesser vision in your left eye. It could also be that a dry eye issue is contributing. It is very common for one eye to heal at a different rate than the other.

Remember that Lasik (including All-Laser Lasik) is more of a six month process, not a 20-Minute Miracle.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby michaelm » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:48 pm

thanks Glen. I guess I'm surprised that my right eye is so good and the left seems so bad comparitively. The refresh drops seems to be helping
michaelm

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:55 pm

It is ironic, but people are sometimes less worried if both eyes are the same - good or bad. It is the difference that can be alarming.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It