PRK vision degraded after bandage conact removal?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK vision degraded after bandage conact removal?

Postby nemozob » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:35 pm

I had my bandage contact removed 10 days after my surgery and in the hours following I noticed my vision had degraded a bit. My close up vision was a little worse and the differences in quality between my eyes at longer distance seemed more pronounced.

It's been 14 days since my surgery, 6 since the bandage contact came out, and it still doesn't seem as good as right before they were removed. Though it's still pretty good all things considered.

Anyone have this experience or know why it might happen? Is there any reason for concern?
nemozob

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:22 pm

When the bandage contact lens is removed some of the soft epithelial cells that comprise the outermost layer of the cornea are disrupted or destroyed. It takes a bit of time for them to regenerate.

Now that the cornea is fully exposed, you may be having problems with eyes more dry than normal.

The contact lens may have artificially smoothed the surface of the cornea. As the epithelium thickens, it will also smooth to replicate this condition.

Use an appropriate dry eye treatment, report the results to your doctor, and expect things to continue to improve.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It