Haze, cloudiness

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Haze, cloudiness

Postby jclark104 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:34 am

I had my Lasik this past Friday and as I mentioned before, everything is going rather well but I have two questions.

I was treated for myopia and my near vision is great right now but distance is still struggling, will this come with time?

And secondly, I'm having a bit of cloudy vision when I am near lights, nothing alarming but it looks like i'm looking through fog when I look towards light. (Also occurs with the television). Should I maybe use less drops? At this point I'm using 1 vial of minidrops each hour.

Thanks!
jclark104

Re: Haze, cloudiness

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:57 pm

jclark104 wrote:I was treated for myopia and my near vision is great right now but distance is still struggling, will this come with time?

You are probably currently slightly myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted). This may be due to undercorrection, but at this point is much more likely due to normal edema (inflammation) and possibly Lasik induced temporary dry eyes. Both commonly resolve with healing.

jclark104 wrote:And secondly, I'm having a bit of cloudy vision when I am near lights, nothing alarming but it looks like i'm looking through fog when I look towards light. (Also occurs with the television). Should I maybe use less drops? At this point I'm using 1 vial of minidrops each hour.

This sounds like a glare or possibly photophobia (sensitivity to light) issue and would be consistent with edema. Use your drops as you have been instructed by your doctor, however you may want to phone the doctor's office to see if more drops per hour would be beneficial.

Be sure to describe these symptoms to your doctor and do not be surprised if the response is to be a patient patient.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It