Wavefront LASIK with mid/high prescription and astigmatism?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Wavefront LASIK with mid/high prescription and astigmatism?

Postby ben » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:21 am

Right Eye - 6.25 astigmatism -2.00/-1.75
Left Eye: - 6.5/6.25 astigmatism -2.5/2.25
Corneal Thickness 570
Pupil in Dim Light 6mm
Pupil in Complete Darkness 7mm

Hello, I will be getting Lasik Wavefront soon from a doctor here who has done 20,000 procedures. He said I was a good candidate for Wavefront.

Will the Wavefront procedure be okay with my mid/high prescription and astigmatism? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Ben
ben

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Your prescription is within the treatable range. Your low light pupil size is within about 0.5mm of the probable optical treatment zone. Humans are not expected to see in no light, so the larger pupil size is likely not an issue, but you will want to read Lasik pupil size. Your corneal thickness indicates more than enough tissue for the probable treatment, you can read calculate ablationfor details.

Your astigmatism is a little on the high side and astigmatism is more challenging to correct, but it is within the treatable range.

You may want to use our 50 Tough Questions For Your Lasik Doctor to evaluate a potential surgeon.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby ben » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks Glenn...

I had the Wavefront LASIK done 2 days ago on Wednesday 3/14/07 and so far, so good! I can see great, 20/20 at the 1 day check-up. I was even able to see a few letters on the 20/15 line as well. I was off the charts before (worse than 20/400 - couldn't even read the big "E").

I will try to post a more complete report in the other section, but just wanted to let everyone know that the procedure went great and I am very happy with the outcome, even thought I started with a somewhat higher prescription/astigmatism.

No dry eyes and some minor halos, but everything else super clear!

-Ben
ben

Return to Thinking About It