1 week update - Lasik on 3-9-2007

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

1 week update - Lasik on 3-9-2007

Postby jclark104 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:59 pm

Hello all!

I just had my Lasik correction for myopia done this past Friday and so far I couldn't be more pleased! I wish I would have found this site sooner as it is much more positive and reassuring than other sites I have seen.

Anyhow, the procedure went smoothly in my opinion but only time will tell! On my one day post op I was 20/20 and I hit 3 out of 5 on the 20/15 line. My left eye is still quite blurry as I had astigmatism in that I but I trust it will correct as time passes.

I do not have much in the way of dry eyes or halo effects and my night vision has not been drastically reduced. I do, however, have a slight and I mean VERY VERY slight fog near the outer edges of my eye but I expect this to pass as time goes by as well. My eyes feel great except the feeling of an eyelash under my left upper eyelid when I blink.(any comments on this?)

I will be posting MUCH more in the future as I want to keep my time on the computer to a minimum!
Last edited by jclark104 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jclark104

Re: Lasik on 3-9-2007

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:13 am

jclark104 wrote:I wish I would have found this site sooner as it is much more positive and reassuring than other sites I have seen.

We try to be objective about Lasik. Give people the facts and let them come to their own conclusions. Many times a more complete understanding will reduce unnecessary anxiety. I suspect there is already enough necessary anxiety in the world.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

UPDATE

Postby jclark104 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:35 pm

One week update

This Friday marked the one week since the surgery and things have been well for the most part. Last night was my first real "bad" night. Looking across the room to the wall 10 feet away I could not read the signs well nor could I read road signs or license plates well from the road.

Today was much better. I still have a glare or haze from some sources of light. Halos, dry eyes, and night vision difficulties are at a minimum.

My distance vision is still not crisp and some close up objects are the same way at some times. My right eye is progressing much better but my left eye has always been worse and did have a slight astigmatism. Tonight will be the real test as I am working my first midnight since the surgery.

I just got off of the zymar drops and pred forte so I believe this MAY causes some more flucuations for a few days.

Otherwise, my eyes feel and look good!
Last edited by jclark104 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
jclark104

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:25 am

Keep up the reporting. This is very helpful for those considering surgery or others who are going through recovery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It