Best procedure to fix slight overcorrection

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Best procedure to fix slight overcorrection

Postby nitza » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:04 pm

I had lasik surgery done about 5 years ago. I was about -5.5 in each eye and opted for monovision. This has worked fairly well, my total vision is about 20/30. The only problem is that my dominant (right) eye ended up
at +1.5 so there is a range where I'm too far for my left (myopic) eye and too close for my right eye. For example, I have trouble reading the menu at fast food restaurants. Plus, since one eye is myopic and the other is hyperopic, using glasses to obtain 20/20 is very difficult.
What would be the recommended procedure to get my right eye to plano, lasik, ck,prk?
nitza

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:15 am

You need to discuss your unique case with your surgeon to determine what would be best. The obvious and least invasive would be using contact lenses. Even if you will not use contacts long-term it would be a good idea to use them to determine exactly what correction works best for you in the eye overcorrected into hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision.

For a surgical alternative, Lasik enhancement surgery would seem to be the most obvious. You already have a Lasik flap and even after all this time the flap should be able to be lifted, rather than a new flap being cut. Depending upon the exact thickness and shape of the flap, PRK on the flap may be an option, but it seems most likely that Lasik enhancement surgery is what will be recommended by your surgeon.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago