enhancement paranoia

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

enhancement paranoia

Postby rick2 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:30 pm

hello everyone. I was a -10.50 in each eye and had lasik performed March of '06. I regressed to a -1.25 in each eye, and 8 days ago had enhancement lasik performed. I am so afraid of regressing again. so i am extremely nervous about certain activities. My check up yesterday revealed that I was 20/20, but kind of cloudy/blurry at times. Is this the norm? I was told that i can resume my regular activities, but want to proceed slowly. I work out a few times a week on the bench press. Will that have any affect on regression. Sometimes I try to bench more than I weigh and that takes quite an effort. Is the strain of lifting heavy weights going to affect my healing process? The doctor said no, but I wonder if anyone else out there lifts too. Open for suggestions comments.
rick2

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:32 pm

The probability of regression after a correction of over 10.00 diopters is almost guaranteed. The probability of regression after a correcton of 1.25 dioptes is almost nil. In a very real sense, the enhancement Lasik was a very different surgery than the first and you are likely not going to experience any regression of effect.

Weight lifting can increase intraocular pressure (IOP), sometimes very high. As a matter of ocular health you should be regularly examined for issues relating to short-term IOP spikes. Your doctor is undoubtedly correct that weight lifting will have no effect on regression.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby rick2 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Thank you so much!! What a great site. I am still a bit cloudy at times and some holos when night driving. Will that subside eventually? My eyes are probably dry, but not irritating. My doctor prescribed a rescription eye drop to be used twice a day. Is there anything else that you might suggest to assure a minimal regression? I am quite happy presently, i just hope all remains stable.
rick2

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:22 am

Keep your eyes moist for the best healing environment, even if they do not feel dry. The prescription twice a day drop is probably Restasis. Visit Lasik dry eye for an article about these issues and dry eye treatment for ideas how to manage the temporary dry eye commonly associated with Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby rick2 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 pm

Me again. I went bike riding yesterday and put drops in my eyes every 30 minutes, and yet they are extremely dry today. did I harm my eyes by riding a bike 10 days after lasik? My doctor said it was ok to ride, but I did not think that it would dry my eyes. I thought that the fresh air might actually benefit me.
rick2

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:24 pm

If your dry eye symptoms resolve today with additional maintenance, then it is doubtful that you have damaged your eyes. You probably only irritated them.

Give your doctor's office a call and explain what occurred. They may recommend an artificial tear like Systane, which is a bit thicker and longer lasting.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby rick2 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:30 pm

Thank you for the quick response. You are great at what you do!
rick2

Return to Had It A While Ago