how long for contacts?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

how long for contacts?

Postby yvonne1961 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:12 am

Glen,
Forgot to ask how much time would someone have to wait after Lasik to wear contacts again? Its been 2 weeks and even though Im overall satisfied with my decision to have it, Im finding it really uncomfortable not being able to see my face clearly in the mirror!
Thanks,
Yvonne
yvonne1961

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:49 am

Just about everyone over around the age of 40 will develop presbyopia. Presbyopia is when the natural lens of the eye is not able to change focus to see objects near. This is when most people need reading glasses or bifocals.

If you cannot see yourself in the mirror, I recommend using inexpensive reading glasses that will provide good near vision. If you require this near vision for applying eye makeup and the reading glasses would undoubtedly be inconvenient. Many doctors are comfortable prescribing limited use contact lenses after about four weeks if surgery and recovery have been uneventful.

Be sure your doctor understands that you will use the contacts for only a brief time, and not throughout the day. An inexpensive disposable contact would probably be the best.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

monovision

Postby yvonne1961 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:46 am

Do you think I could try to use just one contact lens to achieve monovision? and if yes, could this lens be left in one of my eyes for the whole day?
yvonne1961

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:29 am

After approval by your surgeon for contact lens use, one contact in your eye to create monovision should be perfectly acceptable. After trying monovision with contacts for at least several weeks, you may want to discuss with your surgeon if enhancement surgery to induce monovision permamently is appropriate.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It