removal of concretions

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

removal of concretions

Postby elspeth » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:19 pm

does it cause even more irritation to the eye like some spiky jolts

is it possible that its due to the cornea being scratched during the removal?

does Efemoline induce this foreign body sensation?

it causes me to keep twitching my eye
elspeth

Re: removal of concretions

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:20 am

elspeth wrote:does it cause even more irritation to the eye like some spiky jolts

Yes, quite possibly.

elspeth wrote:is it possible that its due to the cornea being scratched during the removal?

The cornea is not necessarily scratched, but the epithelium (outermost layer of the cornea) may be removed in the process.

elspeth wrote:does Efemoline induce this foreign body sensation?
it causes me to keep twitching my eye

Efemoline containts the steroid Fluorometholone, which can cause the sensation you describe. You need to notify your doctor as soon as convenient and describe the problem. This may be normal or may indicate an allergic reaction. A different steroid may be less problematic, however your doctor needs to make this decision.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby elspeth » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:55 pm

how can the epithelium be removed in the process?
u mean the doc used the needle that used to remove my concretions to accidentally scratch it?
coz i actually noticed a new scar or a shld i say a small whitish patch on the bottom of my cornea when i shine a light into my own eye... i'm examining myself with my naked eye

and is there anything to quicken the healing process of the part where the concretions were removed? any special eyedrops? coz its causing me to keep twitching profusely be it aircon or no aircon. i live in a humid country by they way
and ever since i removedthe concretions its causing me pain thus causing me to twitch
elspeth

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:42 am

You need to contact your doctor and describe your symptoms including the occurance of a white area at your cornea. An examination by a competent doctor is the only source for an appropriate diagnosis of what is occurring.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby elspeth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:55 pm

hi again sorry
do u know whether storing an opened vial of restasis in a fridge to preserve it for a couple of days will cause its contents to lose its desired effect on the eyes? coz i don't use the entire contents all in one go and just discard this expensive drug
elspeth

Postby elspeth » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:44 am

oh yes and do u know what tetryzoline is used for?
coz the drug efemoline contains it
elspeth

Postby elspeth » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:46 am

bump..... glenn pls help
elspeth

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Tetryzoline is a decongestant and is sometimes used for sympathetic response issues, such as one droopy eyelid (ptosis). Tetryzoline is found in Visine.

Restasis is packaged in single use vials of 0.4 mL. There should not be any fluid remaining after dosage. According to the manufacturer, Restasis should be stored at 15° to 25° C (59°-77° F). Your fridge is too cold.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago