Custom Vue

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Custom Vue

Postby DryEye » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:48 pm

Anyone have custom vue (custom lasik) and were happy immediately?
Anyone have it and were unhappy? Why?
Anyone have to get an enhancement?
I had it last June and didn't get the WOW everyone else who does lasik got.
Thanks
DryEye

Postby bada5150 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:43 am

DryEye,
What kind of enhancement are you considering currently? lasik, CK, PRK?
If you don't mind, Can I ask your eye prescriptions? I am just wondering how much astigmatism you have currently. Or if you number improved past 6 months?
For example, after surgery astigmatism of -2.00 and now astigmatism of -1.00? Something like that.
My aunt had significant astigmatism before surgery and she told me that she was complainning regarding astigmatism when she had her eyes done.
But she doesn't know her numbers...

Thank you. I hope your visions keep improving so that you don't have to do enhancement. I hope everyone's vision gets better over time!!!
bada5150

Postby mike r » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:24 am

Dry Eye,

Did you have laser flap or blade???

This is the only way we will beging to see a pattern...

And how bad were your eyes initially???

<mike r>
mike r

Postby Betty39 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:17 am

I had the customvue lasik and saw perfectly from day one. At night I had some halos over the stop lights but that has diminished. It never really bugged me and is still there a bit but it's not a big deal. So visually I got WOW. Now the dry eyes are another story which you all know ;)
My prescription before was -300 & -275 with some astigmatism in each eye.
And even though my eyes are dry and it drives me crazy my vision is very pristine. I can honestly say I never saw like this with glasses and especially not contacts.
Betty39

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:53 pm

The FDA has determined that the wavefront guided AMO/Visx S4 excimer laser (CustomVue) provides results that are predictable and medically safe/effective.

Every laser has had patients who had poor outcomes. Every laser has had patients who have had superb outcomes. The particular laser may have had very little bearing on the outcome (good or bad).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

I had PRK with the customvue laser and very dissatisfied

Postby shannon_5846 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:37 pm

I had P.R.K on March 17th 2007 with the customvue laser. I still can't see 2 weeks later and the pain was significant for 10 days. I was very mislead my the surgeon, institute that did it, and the time it would take for my vision to come back.
shannon_5846

Postby lvziggy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 pm

Glenn, I think what you left unsaid in this statement is the very key to having a good or bad outcome.

"Every laser has had patients who had poor outcomes. Every laser has had patients who have had superb outcomes. The particular laser may have had very little bearing on the outcome (good or bad)."

I think making sure one finds the very best surgeon they can is what will determine their outcome. The surgeon I went to was recommended to me by my optometrist, and I had heard from others that my surgeon was supposed to be the best in town. He also was the most expensive! I had gone to one of those assembly-line type of places for a consultation before I went to the surgeon I ended up actually going to, and I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I'm sure that had I let the assembly-line place operate on my eyes I would be having much more problems, mostly due to the fact that they assured me I was an excellent candidate for Lasik. The surgeon at the assembly-line place probably has done 1000's more surgeries than the surgeon I went to, but I don't think that's a good way to judge a surgeon. My surgeon said that while he thought I might be okay with Lasik, he really recommended I go with the PRK, and he explained in great detail why. He explained what the various types of equipment can do, and what their limitations are, and why they did or did not work for my eyes. I did end up having the PRK and so far have had very few problems. I count my excellent surgeon as the number one reason why everything has gone so well for me.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Alison
lvziggy

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:52 pm

It was unsaid, but is very true. No amount of technology can compensate for an inferior surgeon, and a good surgeon knows the limits of his/her technology and technique.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago