NEED OPINION

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

NEED OPINION

Postby seth » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:56 pm

I would like to get your opinion / input about LASIK and PRK. I'm have some doubts based on
what information I've received at the ophthalmologist office and what I've read. Most of the information is Greek to me. I need someone to explain to me what the following information is regarding and how it may effect the outcome if I do decide to have Wavefront LASIK or PRK performed.

TEST RESULTS:

O.D: Spherical:-5.50 Cylinder: +2.25 Axis: 170 =20/25+2
O.S: Spherical: -5.00Cylinder: +1.00 Axis: 045 = 20/25+2

Pach Reading: OD 485/462 OS 462/471 (are these reading quite low?)
seth

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:09 pm

Your corneas are a little thin, but if they are healthy you would have more than enough tissue to remain stable after PRK, LASEK, or Epi-Lasik.

Your eyeglass prescription is moderately high, but well within the treatable range for laser eye surgery. I do note with some concern that you are not able to achieve 20/20 vision even with correction. This raises several caution flags. This indicates a vision quality issue that may relate to disease or defect in your optic system.

The most that is reasonable to expect from laser eye surgery (and is not guaranteed) is vision after surgery without glasses that is equal to vision before surgery with glasses. The process of laser surgery tends to induce aberrations that don't commonly cause difficulties for people with good corrected vision, but if you have a pre-existing problem the results of laser eye surgery may be less predictable.

You need to do more research into why you do not achieve 20/20 correction now, before you risk the 20/25 +2 that you have.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It