Frustration - need to hear some encouraging stories

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Frustration - need to hear some encouraging stories

Postby amilli » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I had my Lasik surgery. My vision is still not good. Distance vision is shadowed or double in my left eye, and blurry in my right, dominant eye. Although dry eye symptoms have gotten better since dr. put in dissolving plugs, I still wake up with my eyes "dried" shut and need to put drops in them before I can fully open. I seem minimal improvement over the past 2 weeks. Is there anyone out there that saw marked improvement in their vision beyond 4 weeks -- e.g. got good vision more like 2, 3, 4 months after Lasik? Is there still hope, or do I need to start thinking about enhancements or just going back to contacts. The only time I see clearly is for about 1 minute after I put in eye drops. Then its back to double vision and blur.
amilli

Postby carmen123 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi Amilli,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. It is so hard when you are used to having clear vision, and then the outcome of a surgery that is supposed to help, ends up making things worse.

Like "LasikExpert" has mentioned before, this forum is usually filled with people who have questions/concerns/complaints. Although there are tons of success stories, most of those people do not visit.

To give you some encouragement though, I did not "see" any improvement in my eyes until around the 5 week mark. I did not have LASIK, but rather LASEK - but the procedures are somewhat similar.

It will be helpful to see what Glenn (aka "Lasikexpert") says, but just as an opinion it might be best to see if your vision improves with glasses, if so, wear the glasses for a while, and give your eyes time to heal (without wearing contacts). Tell your doc of your concerns.

I think it is usually better to wait a while before getting an enhancment. This way you can be more certain that your eyes have regressed as far as they are going to.

You may even get a second opinion to see what other doctors have to say about your results.

It has been a long journey for me, and I'm also hopeful that my vision will improve after an enhacement.

This site is a WONDERFUL resource, so I hope you get some additional information.

Good Luck with everything, and I hope you experience some improvement with your vision!!
carmen123

Thanks

Postby amilli » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:16 pm

Carmen123,
Thanks for your note. Since writing my note, I spoke with some friends who had Lasik and they mentioned trying Refresh PM ointment since I've been having dry eye. I have used it for 2 nights, and I am noticing improvements in my vision -- it is clearer and there is less double vision/ghosting. Also, today is my official 4 weeks, so may have to deal with healing as well. I am feeling a little more hopeful today that eventually, I will be happy with my outcome. As you said, healing takes time and maybe, I'm just taking longer than I thought I would. I really appreciate your encouragement and am glad you've seen improvements at 5 weeks as well. In reviewing the site, I know the expert and others say that healing can continue from 3 even 6 months, so with my recent progress and knowing I can see continued improvement for months to come, I am more hopeful -- I'll keep you all posted.
amilli

Postby ShawnJ » Wed May 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Hello,
Just read your posts, and i had customvue on 4-16-07. I had just a little problem with some dry spots on right eye, and last week at my one week checkup my eye doctor suggested trying the refresh pm ointment as well. Have used it for about a week, and it does seem to have helped tremendously. While i was also seeing 20/15 on the chart, being 46 years old, my near vision was not so hot............but this week all of a sudden, it is really clearing up to where i can make out the print in the newspapers again without the 1.00 walmart reading glasses i bought last week for a few bucks. I spend a lot of time on the computer, so i made sure i got the ones that supposed to help with eye strain related to computer use, seems to have helped.
Hope you are doing much better now.
ShawnJ
ShawnJ

Return to Had It A While Ago