PRK and rate of healing?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK and rate of healing?

Postby dreamer1107 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:22 am

Hi again :)
I'm obviously the "type A" that has been referenced in previous posts, so I guess this question is just for peace of mind. I noticed a lot of people writing about problems with ghosting, halos, starburts, and double vision (all of which I have 5 weeks post PRK on both eyes, the right eye functionally seeing much worse). However, it seems most or all of them had Lasik done, with the flap healing contributing to a lot of those symptoms. (am I right on that?)
I do know I need to be patient with PRK, but I was wondering if you could tell me when these problems typically go away for most people after PRK surgery? I was also wondering why I'd be experiencing them in the first place? If there is no flap healing, what is changing during this healing process with someone post PRK? I thought the epithelium had fully regrown once they removed the bandage contacts.
(Just an FYI: An acquaintance who used to work in a lasik center recently scared me by telling me that starbursts were caused by the doctor not treating far enough out for someone like me with big pupils. But I know the place I went to used special drops to fully dilate my eyes, so I thought they would have lasered my eyes far enough out to avoid these problems)
Sorry for the long post, and thank you so much again for hosting this site!!!
Julie
dreamer1107

Postby dreamer1107 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:28 am

Also to mention: I haven't really seen a change in severity of these symptoms, or noticed a change in the clarity of my right eye vision (even during the day). I would've expected to see a gradual improvement in acuity and in the starbursts, etc, but so far my eyes have stayed about the same as they were 1 1/2 weeks post op. Is this normal or do most people have a gradual improvement by this time?
Thank you so much!!!
dreamer1107

Return to Just Had It