Contacts after LASIK?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Contacts after LASIK?

Postby tenmattis » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm

I am nearsighted and am considering LASIK to enable me to enjoy some of my hobbies (various outdoor sports) without worrying about my contacts or being uncomfortable wearing glasses.

Are there any statistics on what % of patients come out of LASIK still needing glasses or contacts for nearsightedness (even if their vision improved, maybe it didn't improve enough)?

Also - I know that gross statistics don't tell the whole story as each person is different? Besides picking the right surgeon (as I can tell is critical from this site), are there any personal factors that weigh into the likelyhood for success?

Thanks for any insight anyone provides!
tenmattis

yea

Postby alohadaniel » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:34 pm

same questions.
looking forward to early reply
alohadaniel

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:49 pm

The likely results from refractive surgery (all procedures including laser and lens techniques) for all patients (high correction to low correction) is available at Lasik results. Your probability may vary...a lot.

There are innumerable factors in determining the probability of a good Lasik outcome that depend not just upon the physiological nature of your eyes, but also upon your expectations. If you expected your vision without glasses after surgery will be better than your vision with glasses before surgery, then you are likely to be disappointed with the results. It can happen, but not predictably or reliably. If you think after Lasik you will suddenly be popular, your mother-in-law will like you, and you will write the greatest novel of the decade, then you are likely to be disappointed no matter what the actual result of surgery.

All of this needs to be evaluated by a competent doctor after a comprehensive evaluation. We only scratch the surface with the information we provide here.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It